The Holistic Dancer: The Art of Connecting Dance Science and Practice
LONDON, UK & VIRTUAL
Co-Hosted by IADMS and Middlesex University
Join us in January for a unique hybrid IADMS Regional Meeting held at Middlesex University, London, UK, and live streamed to virtual attendees worldwide. Over the course of the day's meeting, participants will explore the practices and principles that underpin dance science research with faculty from a variety of dance genres. Practical and theoretical sessions from researchers and teachers will cover a range of topics from Irish dance, inclusive dance practice, embedding evidence-based practice in vocational training, hormones and performance, a somatic framework for teaching, and much more!
By presenting the science in a wide range of practices, we aim to:
- Educate dance teachers on how to incorporate sports/dance science into the classroom without compromising the art form.
- Explain the impact of sound, scientific principles on dance training.
- Provide an integrated learning experience that translates peer-reviewed scientific and clinical research into applied use for dancers of all levels and ages.
Call for Posters!
As part of the 2023 IADMS regional meeting, we are delighted to share research posters from interested parties. Posters will be displayed in the Grove Atrium, Middlesex University throughout the event. Research posters should demonstrate relevance to the theme of the meeting; The art of connecting dance science and practice.
There are two categories for poster submission:
Poster proposal – Open to all researchers.
Student poster proposal – Open to Undergraduate or Postgraduate students or recent graduates (2021-2022) who are keen to share their student research.
Please note that both submissions must adhere to the same requirements as outlined below:
Proposal Abstract Requirements (300 words max):
• Indication of institutional ethical approval for studies involving human participants
• Context and relevance to the conference theme
• Methodology (where applicable)
• Results (where applicable)
Please submit abstracts via https://tinyurl.com/MDXPoster
Any questions please contact Claire Farmer at C.Farmer@mdx.ac.uk
*Please note that successful poster authors must register for the regional meeting. Deadline for submissions: 10 October 2022 23:59 GMT Notifications will be made by 20 November 2022.
Regional Meeting Support Provided By: