IADMS Infographic Competition - 2019
Author: IADMS Promotion Committee
INTRODUCING THE 2019 IADMS INFOGRAPHIC COMPETITION
DEADLINE August 1st!
Submit your infographics to email@example.com by August 1, 2019!
Since our Annual Conference is in Montreal, Canada, this year, we invite you to include English AND French on your infographic! Not a requirement, but a great way to make your work accessible to our host community.
An infographic can be used to display dance science concepts in an interesting, visual way that makes it easy to quickly understand. Infographics provide an interesting way to share evidence-based information with other members of the dance science community. Infographics can be very useful ways to communicate information. In an effort to promote the more widespread use of these visual displays of data, IADMS has developed an infographic award competition.
Anyone may submit an infographic for this competition by following the guidelines below:
- Select a topic relevant to the IADMS Mission Statement: “Health for Dancers, Dance for Health. IADMS is dedicated to enhance the health, well-being, training, and performance in dance; by cultivating medical, scientific, and educational excellence.”
- Develop an infographic that is aesthetically pleasing, innovative, and informative with a clear message.
- When designing or curating visuals for the infographic, keep the following in mind:
- Any original visuals must have written permission for use and include the name(s) of the artist, photographer, or model;
- Consider using a public domain or creative commons source of stock photos as they provide free licensing for non-profit organizations
- Submit a PDF of your infographic to the IADMS Promotion Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 1st, 2019.
Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges made up of IADMS Committee representatives and representation from the award sponsor(s). Any judge submitting an infographic will find a replacement judge from his or her committee. Finalists will be presented at the IADMS annual meeting in October. IADMS reserves the right to publish submitted infographics on the IADMS webpage and use them for promotional and educational purposes.
- Relevance and importance of information
- Use of evidence-based content
- Effective communication of information
- Visual appeal
- IADMS will offer the winner one year of IADMS membership for free!
- We are working on acquiring support for an additional prize!
Tips for Creating an Effective Infographic:
- Stay focused on your goal
- Use limited colors and/or stick to a color palette
- Use graphics and visuals, limit the amount of text
- Don’t cram in too much information
- Keep it short and sweet!
Additional resources for infographic creation are below. Please keep in mind logos from free infographic template services will not be permitted on your final submission.